- Lost workdays, accidents and increased liability cause insurance rates to soar.
- The cost to American businesses is more than $110 BILLION a year.
- Nationwide, over 70% of employees who use illegal drugs in the workplace are employed full time.
- 44% of employees who use illegal drugs work for companies with 25 or fewer employees.
- Drug abusing employees acquire 300% higher medical costs and benefits leading to increases in health insurance rates or a drain on welfare funds.
- Studies show that substance abusers function at about 67% of capacity.
- Up to 40% of industrial fatalities and 47% of industrial injuries can be linked to alcohol abuse and alcoholism
Benefits of a Good Drug Free Workplace
- Improves workplace safety
- Reduces operational costs
- Protects loyal employees
- Improves products and services
- Increased profits
- Help employees and their families lead healthier lives
- Obtain help for those caught in a cycle of addiction